Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology will admit, educate and train for engineering graduation a diverse population of students who are academically prepared to benefit from the Institute’s infrastructure and experience to become responsible professionals in a technical arena. It will further attract, develop and retain, dedicated, excellent teachers, scholars and professionals from diverse backgrounds whose work gives them visibility beyond the classroom and who are committed to making a significant difference in the lives of their students and the community.
To develop professional engineers with respect for the environment and make them responsible citizens in technical development both from an Indian and global perspective. This objective is fulfilled through quality education, practical training and interaction with industries and social organizations.
- Vidya Karmasu Kaushalam
- Knowledge is Excellence at Work
PHCET pursues its mission by contributing, inculcating and practicing
- Academic Leadership - by imparting high quality engineering education partnering with other institutions and industry
- Corporate Leadership - by creating a pipeline of Engineers to occupy positions of leadership and responsibility in business and industry both Indian and global
- Entrepreneurial Leadership - by encouraging the students and alumni to become entrepreneurs by providing infrastructure and incubation facilities
- Governance and Societal Leadership – by helping increase number of technical people taking up positions of public service and governance that can influence policy and decision making with workshops, SDP (Student Development Programmes) and consulting.
"When students leave PHCET they
should be confident and competent engineers determined to meet the challenges that may come in their professional and personal lives and take risks as appropriate and have a 'WINNER'S ATTITUDE' - no matter what background they come from when they enter PHCET."
- Accountability and service to all stakeholders
- Integrity and fairness in all practices
- Instill innovation and creativity
- Inclusiveness and care for the marginalized
- Resilience and sustainability
- Striving for quality and excellence in all actions
- Thought leadership
Create more than consume
Learn more than teach
Listen more than speak
Practice more than preach