|Bachelors of Engineering in Automobile - Program Details
||4 years, Full Time
||2 semesters each
||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work
||Conducted by University of Mumbai
||Download Question Papers
Automobile Engineering or Automotive Engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the study as how to design, manufacture and operate automobiles like buses, trucks, cars etc. and also their respective engineering subsystems. This can also be grouped under vehicle engineering. Automobile engineer's main duty is to design, test and develop vehicles and / or components from concept stage through to production stage. The vehicle after being launched in the market also needs improvement. Then it comes to the duty of the automobile engineer to improve the vehicle in response to customer's feedback.
Automobile engineers further can specialize in the areas such as aerodynamics, alternative fuels, chassis, electronics, emissions, ergonomics, manufacturing, materials, motorsport, power train, rapid prototyping, vehicle and pedestrian safety or supply chain management. The responsibility of automobile engineer is always in maintaining the high standard of vehicle by the use of traditional methods and state-of-the-art technology.
To impart the student with excellent quality education so as to achieve goals in field of automobile engineering, vehicle design, dynamic, production & analysis.
- To deliver combination of theatrical & practical knowledge to student thereby increasing their ability in field of automotive & auto-tronic.
- To sensitize students to culture specific design paradigms.
- To instill in the students a sense of ethical and professional behaviour.
- To prepare students in cutting edge technologies available in the field of FEA, CFD analysis for vehicle, automotive material, manufacturing and thermal engineering.
- To help students to design and develop automotive products and system to meet any specified requirement by correlating theoretical and practical knowledge gained through various modelling software and machinery.
- To nurture students in various emerging subjects such as management and communication to enhance interpersonal and leadership skills to improve employability.
- To provide opportunity for students to develop real life projects by participating in professional bodies like SAE, e-Yantra, Go-karting, IEEE.
- To enable student to be self motivated for long life learning; towards his achievements ethically through project and business management.
A graduate in Automobile Engineering is expected to
- Analyse and simulate automotive systems by conducting experimental studies and validating systems
- Apply theoretical knowledge to solve complex problems related to vehicle dynamics, maintenance and safety
- Contribute to interdisciplinary projects as a team player applying the technical knowledge and management skills effectively
- Develop ideas in the field of renewable energy, alternative fuels and aerodynamics