||4 years, Full Time
||2 semesters each
||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work
||Conducted by University of Mumbai
||Download Question Papers
Harnessing electrical energy is the challenge for electrical engineers. The consumption of electricity and the number of electrical components and machinery man works with today are enormous. Hence, Electrical Engineering becomes a core branch of Engineering.
The power packed Electrical department inspires the budding Electrical Engineers with the potent idea of constructing Generating Stations, Transmission Lines and Distribution Systems at economic rates and to design, test and supervise the Electrical equipmentsused in electrical utilities, buildings, automobiles, air-crafts, radar, navigation system and broadcast and communication systems. The program provides excellent technical knowledge in the emerging areas of Electrical Engineering. This is done to ensure that students are upto speed with the latest developments in the area. Distinguished Lectures supplement classroom instruction, as invited experts share their knowledge and experience with students.
To produce competent professionals with a profound understanding of real time practices by nurturing the vital knowledge through effective teaching-learning processes and research in the field of electrical engineering for society and respect to environment.
To produce competent electrical engineers who can tackle multiple responsibilities of analysis, design and implementation of electrical systems. To enable students to acquire good academic skills and devotion to knowledge. To engineer students to engage in research activities leading to innovative applications of technology for the benefit of mankind.
View Course Outcomes (.pdf version)
- Achieve personal and professional success with awareness and commitments to their ethical and social responsibilities.
- Maintain and improve their technical competence through lifelong learning and succeed in an advanced degree program in a field such as engineering and science.
- Student should be able to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Student should be able to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices.
- Student must be updated about the new technological developments and contribute to the expansion of engineering knowledge.
- Keep abreast of technological developments in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Have the capability to participate in collaborative-multidisciplinary engineering projects and work as an effective team member in electrical domain.
- Apply technical skills and competencies to design and analyze Electrical systems.
- Have proficiency in the use of software and hardware to provide technical solutions to complex electrical engineering problems.