||Bachelors of Engineering in Information Technology
||4 years, Full Time
||2 semesters each
||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work
||Conducted by University of Mumbai
||Download Question Papers
This course introduces students to the steps necessary to analyze a problem in information technology and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution, with a focus on how to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs. Students learn to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society. This course leads students to recognize the need for continuing professional development and imparts an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities in information technology.
To explore and impart competent and skilled intellectual IT professionals through excellent teaching learning who can focus on research and innovation to cater global challenges, professionalism, excellence and evolve as motivated information technology graduates with strong ethical values for modern computing society.
- To develop technically competent IT professionals with strong foundations, able to adapt the changing technology.
- To inculcate a spirit of team work, innovation and civility among the students through continuous learning and research in the core and emerging areas of Information Technology.
- To empower students to design, develop and test world class software systems and innovative products for solving real life problems and serving society.
View Course Outcomes (.pdf version)
- To provide students with a strong foundation of integrated IT based solution based on analysis, design, implementation, and testing.
- To make students to be able to select and apply current techniques and IT tools necessary for computing practices and integrate IT based Solutions into the user environment effectively.
- To enable students for analysing real life problem, provide technically sound solutions that are economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- To provide exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training & opportunities to work as a team on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities.
- To promote an understanding of lifelong learning and research temperament.
The programme aims to develop in a graduate in Information Technology technical competence and managerial skills that would enable one to:
- Design, implement and evaluate computer based systems or processes to meet specific requirements.
- Develop IT solutions for complex problems paying attention to public health, safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental issues
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of principles of project management and system thinking and apply these to manage large IT projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Work as a team member or a leader to accomplish the common goal in a multidisciplinary team