The Final rounds of the Business Plan Competition 2016-17 was held on Friday, 10th March 2017 at Conclave, Dr. K M Vasudevan Pillai Campus, Panvel. Five teams competed for the prize money of Rs. One lakh.
1. Promotions Unlimited - students from Pillai College of Engineering, Panvel & Pillai Institute of Management Studies & Research, Panvel
2. Abrigo India - students from Pillai HOC College of Engineering & Technology
3. TeesOT - students from Pillai College of Engineering
4. Kanere Gruh Udyog - students from Pillai HOC Institute of Management Studies & Research
5. Indian Tech Guys.com - students from Pillai Institute of Management Studies & Research
The jury comprised of two enterprising professionals. The first judge was Mr. Sridhar Ramachandran, who holds a B.Com degree from Madras University and is a qualified Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Cost Accountant from Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India and a Certified Public Accountant from Colorado State, USA. He has significant experience in Investment Banking, Debt Resolution and Bankruptcy practices and well networked across Indian Corporates and Financial Institutions. The second judge was Mr.Nilesh Kambli, City Head, Mumbai at 91springboard. He heads operations, community and strategy for 91Springboard in the city of Mumbai.
All five teams made a presentation of about ten minutes including a two minute video presentation introducing their Business Idea.
Abrigo India was adjudged the winner of the competition and received the trophy from the jury. Promotions Unlimited was declared the Runners-up of the event. The event was attended by Dr. K M Vasudevan Pillai, Dr. Daphne Pillai, Dr. Priam Pillai and Mr. Franav Pillai.