works with teams
harnesses internal energy
takes on big responsibilities
builds organizational energy
is available any time for work
is very particular about deadlines
is available any time for family
displays high level of empathy
is customer focused
is goal oriented
deflects energy sapping emotions
This idea of ‘Wangdu Club’
is initiated by PHCET way back in 2012. We look at this as a realization of a Phunsuk Wangdu – a character from the hindi film "Three Idiots". The thought behind this club is to bring all ignited minds together. To give a nurturing environment to budding mind of students, that are full of imaginations and ideas. Wangdu Club is an effort to turn Imagination into Innovation
Today we are in the world of growing technology, where everyday new innovative ideas are bringing revolutionary changes in our lives. So we believe that small initiatives and ideas put together can bring great changes both for individuals and society at large.
Ours is an attempt to make students realize the saying in the aforementioned film quoted here “Don’t run after success, Just put your passion in your work, success will come chasing after you
”. The management is aware that there are many students who do have passion for engineering, but they may not be aware of their passion. Joining the Wangdu Club helps them recognize and realize their passion.
It is envisaged that being in the Wangdu Club would motivate students to understand themselves better and set for themselves the so called “Audacious Goal”. We feel that every student must be able to set this audacious goal in order to succeed in their life. Wangdu Club fosters that temperament.
Some of our Wangdus who actually succeeded in setting up audacious goals and are pursuing them now are:
- Mr. Gaurav Sarkar: Founder CEO - Friction Innovative Education LLP
- Ms. Smedha Sarkar: Founder Director - Eduman Training Services LLP
- Mr. Indrajit Singh: Founder Director - Alo Stay
- Mr. Suraj Naik: Founder Director - iTechs View
- Mr. Gautam S. T.: Founder Director - Friction Innovative Education LLP
- Mr. Gauri Koli: Founder Director - Autolaunder
- Mr. Sajan Khandelwal: Founder Director - Protopillar
- Mr. Chirag Obhan: Founder Director - Betmount
Currently, the Wangdu Club has around 25 students who have signed up. These students are involved in advanced research.
The students of Wangdu club are essentially taught the following skills in addition to the routine technical knowledge that a normal engineering student possesses:
- Independent Reading
- Dreaming an “Audacious Goal”
- Become a Team Player
- Flexible to change roles between a leader and a follower depending upon the situation
- Gender sensitivity
- Understanding documentation
The Wangdu club meets virtually through the Whatsapp group known as “My Wangdus”. This is a special group to which members are co-opted.
Currently, this group has members belonging to the following categories:
- Founders of Companies
- Managing Directors / CEOs of Companies
- Senior executives holding Doctorate Degrees both from India and abroad
- PhD Scholars from reputed Universities in the US
- PHCET Alumni
- Current PHCET students starting from second year all the way up to Final Year
- Alumni of other engineering colleges
- Senior Executives of Organizations in the US and the UK
As such, this gives an opportunity to the students of PHCET who become Wangdus to interact with likeminded Wangdus across the World. This group is slowly gathering momentum and the numbers are increasing. However, we are not in a hurry to just increase the numbers.
We, the Wangdus of PHCET are extremely thankful to Mr. Ripal Shah, Founder and Managing Director of iGenesys Technologies and Mr. Vaibhav Hadawale, Founder and Director of Performance Motor Works for permitting us to add their names to our “My Wangdus” group.
We are sure that a group of this kind will enable us to provide interaction of the ignited minds.
The "Wangdu Club"
is initiative of our College. The thought behind this club is to bring all ignited minds together. To give a nurturing environment to budding mind of students, which are full of imaginations and ideas. Wangdu Club is an effort to turn Imagination into Innovation
Today we are in the world of growing technology, where everyday new innovative ideas are bringing revolutionary changes in our lives. So we believe that small initiatives and ideas all put together can bring great changes for us and our society.
As rightly said in movie "Three Idiots" by inspiring character Phunsuk Wangdu
"Don't run after success, Just put your passion in your work, success will come chasing after you"